13 questions that aim to answer, “Are you intellectually humble?” Here are some of the more searching ones for me:
- Even when you feel strongly about something, are you still aware that you could be wrong?
- Do you trust that truth has nothing to fear from investigation?
- When someone disagrees with your beliefs, do you view it as a personal attack? If so, why?
- Is it difficult to respect people whose beliefs differ from your own?
- What is a specific step you can take to better understand someone who disagrees with you on an important issue?
- Do you feel insecure when others disagree with you?
- Do you approach others with the idea that you might have something to learn from them?
HT Tim Challies.